- Case material : 316L Stainless steel
- Case back : 316L Stainless steel
- Case size : 40mm
Height : 14mm
- Lug to lug : 48mm
- Lug width : 20mm (With lug hole)
- Band : Black rubber waffle strap / Stainless steel bracelet
- Bezel : Ceramic bezel insert with lume pip on 60m position (120Clicks)
- Glass : Dome sapphire glass
- Dial : Sunburst gun metal / Sunburst blue
- Lume : Swiss C3 SuperLuminova
- Movement : NH35
- Crown : Screw down crown
- Water resistance : 200m
I've owned the V1, V3 and now this V4, which was dispatched to me in the UK well within a week of ordering through this website.
While the v1 and v3 were both beautiful watches, this version for me is perfectly balanced and there is nothing I would change about it at all.
The boxed dome sapphire crystal gives a more modern look, closer to the Seiko SBDC101 than the SLA017, and it really works. The chapter ring around the outside is a San Martin touch you won't find on any Seiko and is perfectly angled and executed. Lume is strong without being overpowering. Handset is classic. Movement is regulated well and keeping good time. The bezel action on this one is the best yet for this model and absolutely exemplary by any standard, with an updated coin edge which is very ergonomic and gives a very positive grip. The sunburst dial is deep and subdued but still gleams delightfully.
If San Martin have any ideas for 'improvement' for a v5, then I will be surprised in that this watch feels perfect as it is - but not surprised in that I would not put it past the San Martin team to outdo themselves.
A great watch, thank you San Martin!